UTVA LASTA is a modern, piston-engine driven, full-aerobatic military trainer aircraft, with tandem seating arrangement, two wing hardpoints and low acquisition and operation cost. It’s goal is to enable a military organisation to asses and stream students very early, to monitor their progress and structure their training according to the aircraft type they have been selected for. Intended for elementary and basic flight training, but also for training in use of classical unguided weapons and early stages of advanced training, it replaces two or even three training aircrafts during a training course. Used properly, within an intense and integrated course, it delivers high quality training, without the additional cost and time needed for transition training, wrong learning and relearning, therefore achieving massive cost saving.
Aerobatic engine and propeller, with instantaneous change in power delivery on demand, set Lasta apart from its turbo-prop counterparts, and together with its great handling characteristics, make this aircraft very safe and suitable for the unexperienced cadets.
Completely digital cockpit with analog backup instruments and high level of redundancy features two screen displays (PFD and MFD) and engine and fuel monitoring instrument for each seat, with individual hands-on throttle and stick for both the student and the instructor.
Bubble canopy allows for unimpeded field of view, hemispherical, forward, rear and above, but also the unimpeded vision downwards, critical for attack training and low level navigation, with 2° reserve visibility of approaching runway from the front seat.
LASTA’s high level of equipment and performance (especially rolling rate), coupled with the capability of using light and practice weapons (weapons training, CAS/COIN, air patrol) and low cost of acquisition and operation make Lasta a unique aircraft in its category.
LASTA is designed by TECHNICAL MILITARY INSTITUTE and manufactured by UTVA AIRCRAFT INDUSTRY LTD and is currently in the late stages of certification process under EASA CS-23 specifications in aerobatic and utility category. For further information, price and availability, contact us today!
Key features at a glance:
• Full aerobatic (+6/-3 g) military trainer, with two wing hardpoints (armed: utility, with loads +4.4/-1.8 g), intended for elementary and basic training, light CAS/COIN.
• Tandem seating configuration, with high rate of roll and jet-like feel.
• Low acquisition and operation cost.
• Aerobatic Lycoming AEIO-580-B1A 315 hp engine (aerobatic fuel and oil system), certified on multiple aircrafts. Hartzell HC-C2YR-4CF/FC 8475-8 constant speed propeller..
• Low landing and take-off speeds, excellent handling, suitable for beginners.
• Rugged, retractable landing gear equipped with emergency extension control, intended for use in rough military training environment.
• Redundant and sophisticated military glass cockpit for both the student and the instructor, highly ergonomically adjustable.
• VFR day/night and IFR flight plan and operations, only in non-icing conditions.
• Durable all metal, semi-monocoque airframe, suitable for use in high temperature and saltwater regions, easy and inexpensive to repair.